What toy Are they giving out at Mcdonalds?
Kids and adults might not always see eye-to-eye, but everyone agrees that toys are fun and Disney is magical, so it’s great news that the newest Disney-themed toy collection — “Choose Your Journey” featuring Disney Princesses and characters from “Star Wars” — will be available in McDonald’s Happy Meals through April 26 …
Can I buy McDonalds Happy Meal toys separately?
Yes, Happy Meal® toys can be purchased separately to a Happy Meal®. If you purchase it alongside food at my store, one toy would be $0.79. If purchased without food, it is $1.59.
Why does mcdonalds always ask you to pull forward?
Whenever you’re pulled ahead, it means that your order is taking a little longer for the kitchen to prepare, but the order behind you is ready to go.
Why does mcdonalds make you wait?
There’s a reason McDonald’s employees ask you to park at the drive-through. That’s because employees are measured on how quickly they process cars at the drive-through. If your order is taking a long time to prepare, they’ll take you out of the queue to keep the line moving.
Why do drive thrus ask you to back up?
If an employee of Burger King or other fast-food drive-throughs ever asks you to back up before pulling forward, they’re most likely attempting to re-set the timer sensors so it appears you’re being served faster. The revelation comes from Amy Oztan, who writes the Selfish Mom blog.
Can they see you at the drive thru?
Drive-thrus use the same technology that red light sensors use, magnetically detecting the car instead. This makes a sound in their headset (or sometimes on a speaker that everyone can hear) and turns on the outside microphone.
What should you not do in a drive thru?
Sadly, some of us out there are definitely doing it wrong.
- Order items from other restaurants.
- Order a ton of items.
- Check your order before you pull away.
- Blame the window worker for a wrong order.
- Chat with the drive-thru worker.
- Be a jerk in the double drive-thru.
- Change your order at the window.
- Talk on your phone.
Why do fast food drive-thrus make you pull forward?
They ask you to pull up so that they can collect your money while your food is being prepared in order for you to get your food and be on your way as quickly and efficiently as possible. In addition, someone else could drive up to place an order at any time.
Why does Jack in the Box ask you to back up?
Like corporate looks at how long each car has to wait at the drive through and has standards. The restaurants know they’re too slow so by having the car back up and go forward it resets the timer.
How can I lower my drive thru time?
8 ways to cut drive-thru times
- Seriously consider updating your drive-thru signage to the latest digital offerings:
- Adopt some form of mobile order processing if you want to stay relevant:
- Cut vital minutes in manual re-entry time with a combined POS-TOOS system:
- Consider day-parting your digital menu boards in the drive-thru:
What is a drive thru timer?
Drive-thru timer systems offer a live graphical representation of what’s happening in your drive-thru. This immediate feedback allows you to monitor drive-thru management. It also enables you to receive statistical reports to better understand your operations’ trends and set realistic goals for your organization.
How do I reset my HME headset?
Locate the “reset” switch on the front of the base station. Press and hold the button to the reset position for at least 10 seconds.
What is the fastest drive thru?
Fastest drive-through restaurants
- KFC – 4 minutes and 28.3 seconds.
- Taco Bell – 5 minutes and 10.2 seconds.
- Hardee’s – 5 minutes and 21.6 seconds.
- Carl’s Jr. –
- Burger King – 5 minutes and 44.3 seconds.
- McDonald’s – 5 minutes and 49.3 seconds.
- Dunkin’ – 5 minutes and 51.7 seconds.
- Wendy’s – 5 minutes and 58.7 seconds.
How do you run an effective drive thru?
This guide will look at how to make your drive-thru more effective, efficient, and speedy.
- Put safety first.
- Keep window stocked.
- Greet customers swiftly.
- Enhance visibility.
- Update menu boards.
- Install confirmation boards.
- Move staff outside.
What can you help to improve the service in the fast food?
How to Improve Restaurant Customer Service: The 5 Point Plan
- Create Clear Staff Expectations. Creating a “customer-first” restaurant culture takes time and consistent effort.
- Personalize The Guest Experiences. A personalized touch goes a long way in making a dining experience fun and memorable for a guest.
- Streamline The Wait Times.
- Respond to Concerns.
- Do Table Touches.
Why is fast service important?
Customers always come back to a business where they had the best experience. So, providing them with a high customer service speed attracts them back to your business. It impresses your customers and sticks them to your business such that they don’t have to look elsewhere as their issues are solved on time.
Which is better quick service or quality service?
But even when customers are impatient, quality service can be even more important than fast service. When customers think of your restaurant’s staff as being friendly and courteous, they’re more likely to feel a personal connection to your business.
What does SOS mean in fast food?
Speed of Service